Psychology is a profession customized to people, with the ability to hear, understand, and help them in different situations. Psychology teaches what defines a person's personality and what determines people's behavior.
The demand for the profession of psychology is quite high, and psychological services are relevant in all areas of employment. Knowledge of human behavior is one of the most important factors for a successful career.
Alte University's undergraduate program in Psychology and psychological Education will enable graduates to become effective psychologists, psychotherapists, managers, supervisors, etc.
Upon completion of the program, the graduate has the opportunity to continue their studies in various fields to deepen their knowledge in the field of psychology or another field. In addition, based on their knowledge of psychology, they can develop their own educational and/or professional activities.
the purpose of the program
The aim of Alte University's undergraduate psychology program is to provide students with theoretical knowledge in a variety of fields of psychology. The program helps students to develop the necessary skills for effective application of the knowledge gained in the field of psychology in practical activities and specialties. Prepare a bachelor of psychology whose qualifications will ensure its competitiveness in the employment market and provide it with a solid foundation for the successful mastering of upper-level academic programs.
The program is implemented using learning methods such as mental assault, discussion/debate, presentation/demonstration method, audio-linguistic method, induction and deduction methods, action-oriented teaching, group, and independent work, written work, role/situation games, problem-based learning, practical work, the Socratic method, and etc.
Key aspects of the program
The program offers:
- A variety of subjects, including developmental psychology, social psychology, research methods in psychology, cognitive psychology, mood psychology, basics of neuropsychology, basics of psychotherapy and psychodiagnostic, psychology of organization and management, leadership psychology, Criminal Behavior, and Investigative Interviewing, Personality Psychology, Mass Psychology, Military Psychology, Recruitment, Conflict Management Psychology, Gender Psychology, Legal Psychology, Success Psychology, Political Psychology and etc;
- Involvement in scientific research and preparation of a research bachelor's thesis;
- Workshops, thematic seminars, meetings with invited guests, etc;
- Internships in educational institutions, as well as in partner companies or leading organizations;
Upon successful completion of the undergraduate program in psychology, the graduate will be able to:
- Discuss the fields of psychology, the main disciplines, and their separate components;
- Effective use of knowledge gained in the field of psychology for practical activities;
- Critical understanding of the theoretical approaches, key concepts, field problems, constructs, and contexts used in psychology;
- Explain the social significance of the psychologist's profession, as well as the goals and primary functions of its activity;
- Use logical, creative, and analytical thinking, other cognitive as well as practical skills in the field of psychology to solving complex issues of psychology and unexpected problems;
- Use existing research methods in the science of psychology and create a research paper according to predefined guidelines;
- Conclude ethical responsibility for the social environment, in psychological counseling and recommendation, and in the implementation of research activities;
- Investigate a specific case, observe the behavior, classify and analyze it, develop a professional vision around the problem;
- Consider the specifics of the research issues: preparing scientific literature in the field of psychology, researching for relevant data, explaining and analyzing it;
- To formulate opinions about the problems and solutions in the field of psychology consistently and argumentatively with specialists and non-specialists, orally and in writing, using the opportunities of modern information and communication technologies creatively;
- Establish communication in English by using professional terminology;