- Group Work;
- Case Studies;
- Practical Work;
- Problem-Based Learning;
- Inductive-Deductive Reasoning;
- Virtual Reality Assisted Learning;
- Clinical Based Learning;
- Bedside Teaching;
- Learning Using Simulated Environments.
- Integrated teaching with an innovative approach, to provide both basic and clinical understanding of organ systems, as well as developing the necessary knowledge, skills, and values required for the field of medicine. The course takes place over four phases.
Phase 1 - Foundation
- Key foundational fields such as biochemistry, anatomy, and physiology are integrated with practical fields such as radiology and clinical skills, to provide a practical understanding of all theoretical fields.
Phase 2 - Pre-clinical
- Understanding the syndromic and symptomatic effects of disease by clinical analysis of patient condition.
Phase 3 - Clinical
- Identification and analysis of medical diseases specific to disciplines such as obstetrics-gynecology, pediatrics, surgery, as well as others, during shifts at a hospital.
Phase 4 - Actual Clinical Practice in hospital settings
- In the fourth clinical practice phase of the course, the knowledge accumulated throughout the five-year course is applied in the following ways:
- To conduct independent, clinical procedures in a hospital environment, in leading Georgian hospitals, and clinics, both independent, and under the Evex group of hospitals, as well as the Iv. Bokeria University Clinic;
- To conduct independent, medical research;
- To take part in relevant seminars, and workshops, conducted by both Georgian and international experts;
- To be part of medical research, in various forms, and with varied responsibility;
- Preparatory courses for the United States Medical Licensing Exam, for residency in the US;
- Preparatory courses for the Foreign Medical Graduate Exam, for residency in India;
- Exchange programs and courses in leading Asian and European universities.
- To attain a fundamental understanding and competence of biomedical, behavioral, social, and clinical systems, allowing them to solve problems efficiently;
- To effectively communicate, using clinical knowledge and analysis, when providing consultations to patients, or their families, or when consulting with peers and colleagues, in a professional manner;
- To assess and identify, through physical examination, the severity, and origin of the disease, after conducting the necessary examinations, reaching a final diagnosis, to assign the recommended treatment;
- To conduct first aid help, taking into account factors such as age, and condition, such as Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation, or CPR, on the foundations of Basic Life Support, or BLS;
- To conduct Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support, or ACLS, taking into account factors such as age, and condition;
- To conduct medicamentous therapy corresponding to the patient’s clinical condition, taking into consideration drug interactions, side effects, and patient age group;
- To independently perform relevant obligatory practical procedures, on patients (under supervision) and in simulated environments, while abiding to safety, ethical and legal principles;
- To conduct medical activities in a multicultural setting, while abiding to ethical and legal standards;
- To effectively solve clinical problems, and to make decisions in critical situations, both as a leader and as a team player;
- To manage acute and chronic diseases, taking into consideration a patient's age, type of disease, as well as psychological and social factors;
- To efficiently source medical literature based on the principles of evidence-based medicine;
- To draw relevant conclusions based on critical analysis and evaluation, taking into account academic honesty and ethical context;
- To effectively use information technologies for the production of practical medical records, in accordance with the legal requirements for confidentiality, and personal data protection;
- To perform assigned duty with high professionalism and to provide quality medical service in an interdisciplinary and multicultural environment, impartially, in accordance with the norms of ethics, from the position of a leader with decision-making ability;
- To conduct medical research, draw conclusions, and make recommendations, with the aim of reducing the rates of mortality, and intensity of the disease, to ensure the health of population;
To promote a healthy lifestyle and related activities.