Climate change, epidemic, the fight against poverty, war conflicts, etc, are challenges that the modern world faces and that require great effort to solve. The world today needs people who have the ambition to make a positive impact on modern challenges. Learning about international relations is the best way to delve deeper into the challenges of the modern world and see how the economy, culture, education, and politics affect society.
Alte University’s undergraduate program in International Relations is customized to the requirements of the international labor market and the best practices of the leading universities (London School of Economics and Political Science, and Princeton School of Public and International Affairs) with highly qualified academic and invited practicing lecturers.
the purpose of the program
The aim of Alte University's undergraduate program in International Relations is to provide the student with a broad knowledge of the major areas of international relations and global politics; develop the necessary skills to study current issues and solve professional problems in global politics; the program aims to improve the ability to act in accordance with democratic values and principles of good governance in practice; analyze problematic issues, and establish professional communication.
Key aspects of the program
The program offers:
- A variety of subjects, including NATO and Euro-Atlantic political and security dimensions, European integration, strategic aspects of international relations, international conflicts and peacekeeping missions, US foreign policy, European party policy, Russian foreign policy, Chinese foreign policy, Anatomy of Middle East-International Relations, Problems of Separatism in the Modern World, Diplomatic Protocol and Etiquette, Terrorism, International Economic Relations, Georgia's European and Euro-Atlantic Integration Policy, Negotiation Theory and Practice, Critical Thinking, etc;
- The Enhanced English component - Involvement in scientific research;
- Workshops, thematic seminars, meetings with invited guests, etc;
- practice in both private and public sector agencies or organizations;
Upon completion of the program, the graduate will be able to:
- Discuss the fundamental theories and concepts of international relations, as well as their directions, principles, current challenges, regional contexts of international relations, and Georgia's international situation;
- Classify and explain global policy issues in light of key achievements in national and international scientific thinking;
- Acting in accordance with democratic values and principles of good governance in practice;
- Analyzing problematic issues and establishing professional communication;
- Critically understand and explain the importance of international economic relations, international security, and international legal order in the system of international relations;
- Analyze and evaluate important issues in international relations and governance using a variety of methods based on open-source research;
- To formulate and substantiate its position on complex issues in the field, taking into account the principles of ethics, humanity, democratic governance, fundamental human rights, and freedoms;
- Establish effective communication with target groups in the field of international relations, in Georgian and English, using traditional and modern means of communication;
Graduates of the International Relations Program can successfully continue studies at Alte University, the first master's program in national and international security in Georgia.