Modern life actively requires the integration of technologies in all areas, which asks for the active involvement of specialists in technological and engineering fields. The demand for computer science specialists is increasing both in the international and local markets.
The main features of "Computer Science" are:
- Innovative teaching;
- Adapted to the needs of the local and international employment market;
- Modern, international standard training courses;
- Close partnership with potential employers.
The Aim of the program
The aim of the Alte University Computer Science Bachelor's Program is to prepare a graduate who, based on the theoretical and practical knowledge of computer science acquired within the program, will be able to analyze and develop existing software products or create new software solutions for tasks in various fields, using modern standards and computer technologies, taking into account professional ethics.
The course consists of the following teaching methodologies:
- Working in groups;
- Practical method;
- Problem-based learning (BPL);
- Deductive - Inductive methods;
- Analytical method;
- Synthetic method;
- Laboratory method;
- Role play;
- Teaching through simulators;
- Learn by doing and etc.
- Defines the main issues of fundamental knowledge areas of computer sciences;
- Describes the software and technical means important for the implementation of projects in computer sciences and other areas using it;
- Examines the algorithms related to the implementation of computer science tasks/projects and matches them with appropriate software tools;
- In the process of development/development/implementation of various tasks/projects of computer sciences determines and connects the interests of the customer and the user;
- Plans, creates and analyzes computer science-based solutions that meet predetermined requirements and industry standards;
- Able to communicate effectively in a variety of professional contexts;
- In professional activities, makes informed decisions based on ethical and legal principles;
- Able to work in a team and manage a small team in the process of designing and developing computer science solutions;
- Determines individual learning needs and plans own development in the professional field.
The program was created with international ABET and ACM standards in mind and Georgia's ICT sector characteristics.
The course offers:
- Training courses based on modern learning materials: object-oriented programming, data structures and algorithms, tech entrepreneurship, graphic design, computer networks, network systems management, unstructured databases, mobile application development, system programming, machine learning, data analysis, introduction to cyber security, data engineering, IoT-smart systems, UI/UX design, software engineering, DevOps and more;
- Project-based learning: in addition to a large part of the courses, which involves the implementation of projects, the student completes two independent projects, where the student develops a software product together with a team, whose ideas will be involved in the creation of partner organizations: prepare project documentation, build a working prototype, and put into practice the knowledge and experience gained in the field;
- Specialization optional modules: Angular, blockchain technologies, digital signal processing, game creation, iOS programming, natural language processing, parallel computing, smart contracts, software testing automation, product design, cloud computing, the programming language C#, management information systems;
- A real opportunity to develop and implement a business idea through the Start-up Garage at the university;
- Close contact with partner organizations of the program and implementation of individual/group projects with their support: the creation of applications, creation of systems using IoT technologies, creation of small software systems, integration and testing of systems, designing of small and medium-sized networks, and others;
- Workshops, thematic seminars, meetings with guests, and others;
- Involvement in the process of conducting research;
- Participation in the projects initiated by Digital Transformation Center.